Thursday, June 10, 2010

Content+Pedagogy+Technology

image from tpck.org
Sadly, it was our last Professional Experience 3 tutorial last Monday. One of the first things our lecturer gave us to do, was to fill in a 'TPACK' survey. Now, what exactly is TPACK?

TPACK is: 'Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge'.
It attempts to capture some of the essential qualities of knowledge required by teachers for technology integration in their teaching, while addressing the complex, multifaceted and situated nature of teacher knowledge.

Although I believe I respond well to visual imagery, and consider myself a visual learner, I absolutely can't stand diagrams like the one above! Especially with all that jargon! Anyway, I do get the point, and agree that is important for teachers to combine their knowledge about children, their knowledge about the content of work and their knowledge about technology. This brings about well rounded learning, and so all teachers and pre-service teachers should consider this diagram when planning to teach with technology.

UPDATE: take a look at my lovely friend Vanessa's vodcast about Tpack!

No comments:

Post a Comment